Dear Greyhound Team,
As of this week, over 45,000 people have signed our petition asking Skechers to withdraw its Super Bowl ad featuring greyhounds running at Tucson Greyhound Park. To date, the company still refuses to pull the plug on this misguided promotion and
has recently stated that showing dog racing is intended to be humorous!
Tucson Greyhound Park has an extensive record of cruelty, which is why it is so hard to
understand why Skechers would partner with such a notorious place, recently called a "black
mark" on the community. Filming an ad
at this notorious track sends a signal that Skechers just doesn't care about greyhounds.
We are now calling for a national protest of Skechers stores nationwide. Download our flyer and
bring it to the Skechers store near you. Gather friends and host a full-
fledged rally. Let's pull out all the the stops to let Skechers know that dog racing is cruel and
At TGP, greyhounds are kept confined in small cages which are barely large enough for
them to stand up or turn around. They are fed raw 4-D meat, the meat of downed, diseased,
disabled or dead livestock. This was documented in a recent video investigation.
While racing, greyhounds face the risk of serious injury. According to state records, between
January 2007 and November 2009, nearly 1,000 greyhound injuries were reported at Arizona
racetracks. The most common injury was a broken leg, and other reported injuries included fractures, sprains, dislocations, muscle tears and strains, lacerations, a cracked skull, broken backs, heat stroke, puncture wounds and paralysis. To learn more, please see our full report and video.
Take action now:
The Super Bowl takes place February 4, so please act now. To stay informed about the
campaign, go to boycottskechers.com.
Sign our online petition and forward it to everyone you know.
- Make this photo your (facebook/twitter/ect) profile photo temporarily or post it to your social networking websites. Be sure to include the caption http:///www.boycottskechers.com so people can learn more.
- Send e-mails to Skechers, NBC and Mark Cuban, who is to appear in the commercial. Feel free
to use our original letter as a reference.
- Skechers President Michael Greenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skechers Vice President of Media Gary Martin at email@example.com
- Mark Cuban at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NBC Universal at email@example.com
- Organize a rally or bring a flyer to the manager of the store nearest you.
For the greyhounds,