This November, several greyhound friendly candidates will appear on the ballot in Florida. These candidates will be running for either the Florida State House or Florida State Senate, and need your help. Please note that these are candidates running for the state legislature in Tallahassee, not the US Congress in Washington D.C.
Greyhound breeders have already spent thousands of dollars trying to elect candidates who will prop up the cruel dog racing industry, and we need to work extra hard to counter them. Today, we are announcing our endorsement of sixteen legislative candidates across the state. You will find a full list of these endorsements below.
Please support these candidates. If you live in one of the districts where one of these endorsed candidates is running, please vote for him or her. Also please consider volunteering for these campaigns, and making direct campaign contributions to the candidates. Finally, if you are able to support these candidates please let them know that you are helping their campaign because of their leadership on greyhound protection issues.
Thank you for caring about the greyhounds. Together, we can end the cruelty of dog racing in Florida forever.
Christine A. Dorchak, Esq.
President, GREY2K USA
Carey M. Theil
Executive Director, GREY2K USA
GREY2K USA Endorsements for the Florida State Senate and State House
- In Brevard County we are endorsing John Tobia for State House (District 53).
- In Broward County we are endorsing Eleanor Sobel for State Senate (District 33), Jared Moskovitz for State House (District 97).
- In Duval County we are endorsing Audrey Gibson for State Senate (District 9).
- In Miami-Dade County we are endorsing Gwen Margolis for State Senate (District 35) and Kionne McGhee for State House (District 117).
- In Orange County we are endorsing Tom Goodson for State House (District 50).
- In Palm Beach County we are endorsing Joseph Abruzzo for State Senate (District 25) and Mark Pafford for State House (District 86).
- In Polk County we are endorsing John Wood for State House (District 41).
- In Sarasota County we are endorsing Ray Pilon for State House (District 72).
- In Seminole County we are endorsing Scott Plakon for State House (District 30).
- In Volusia County we are endorsing Frank Bruno Jr. for State Senate (District 8).
We are also endorsing candidates in several districts that span multiple counties:
- In State Senate District 1 (Washington, Walton, Bay, Jackson, Holmes, and Okaloosa Counties) we are endorsing Don Gaetz.
- In State Senate District 3 (Hamilton, Madison, Taylor, Jefferson, Leon, Wakulla, Gadsen, Liberty, Franklin, Calhoun, and Gulf Counties) we are endorsing Bill Montford.
- In State Senate District 14 (Orange and Osceola Counties) we are endorsing Darren Soto.